While Kmart is open the week before Christmas, and even on Christmas Eve, the store is not open on Christmas day.
Kmart in-store holiday hours for Christmas Eve: Open 6:00am to 10:00pm
You may not be able to shop at your local Kmart on Christmas day because it’ll be closed, but you can still shop at Kmart online and receive your gifts in time for the big day, or even pick them up in-store.
Get your gifts under the tree just in time for Christmas – Shop Kmart Online
1. Look for the GO symbol on products we offer both online and in the store.
2. Enter your ZIP code on the product page delivery tab OR select “Pick Up” at the Shopping Cart.
3. Choose a convenient store with the item in stock.
4. Proceed to checkout, purchase the item and we will send you your “Ready for Pick Up” email with pick up instructions*.
5. Bring the credit card you used for the purchase and a photo ID with proof of age if your order includes alcohol to the layaway area of the store.
*For orders placed after store closing, you will receive an email the following business day. For items that are not in store, you will receive two emails.
Most Kmart stores are one-floor, free-standing units that carry a wide assortment of general merchandise, including products sold under such well-known labels as Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, and certain proprietary Sears brand products (such as Kenmore, Craftsman, and DieHard brand products) and services. [source]