The glorious days of spring will be here before we know it; and if you’re like thousands of other women, you happily use the changing of the season as a reason to go shopping for the most fashionable wardrobe additions.
When moments such as this arise in my life, there’s always one place I go first – Bringing Back The Sweater Vest. I really like the way L.M. breaks down her fashion advice in language I can understand. I’m not a fashion idiot by any means, but I’m certainly not an expert either.
I do know, however, that when it comes to women’s fashion, spring means lots of bold colors and shorter hemlines. The dull and dreary days of winter are over; it’s time to show some leg and shine!!
1. Bright Lipstick – It’s in this year, ladies! This news is perfectly timed for me actually, since I’ve recently realized that I in fact look quite saucy in red lipstick.
2. “Hi-Low” Dresses – These dresses, easily identifiable due to their back hem falling much lower than their front hem, are the perfect transition dress to take you from winter to summer. They’re fun and flirty, plus with the dual length you don’t have to worry about the springtime breezes exposing your undergarments.
3. Peplum Dresses – Yeah, I didn’t know what it really meant either, so I looked it up.
…a short overskirt that is usually attached to a fitted jacket.
This early peplum was usually not attached to a jacket, but was merely an extra overskirt flounce sewn onto, and dropping from the waist. The modern peplum, as we now know it, became popular as a design in women’s suiting in the 1940s. Here it took on its most recognizable form. Suit jackets were often fitted at the waist, but fabric extended beyond the waist in an overskirt.
Check out the purple dress in the picture below and you’ll get the idea.
4. Loafer Shoes – These aren’t your Great Aunt’s loafers! Easy to slip on and off, loafers are a comfy alternative to sandals and look great with ankle-pants which are totally in right now.
5. Bikini – While it may not be warm enough yet to bring out the skimpy suits, spring is the perfect time to invest in a bikini or swimsuit with enough coverage that you don’t feel like all your winter poundage is hanging out, but shows enough skin to motivate you to get on track with your lighter summer eat habits.
6. Big 1950s Style Sunglasses – This has been a personal fashion statement of mine for years, so this one will be quite easy for me to accomplish.
7. Bright Pants – If you’re not quite yet in the mood for leg baring skirts and dresses, brightly colored pants and jeans are an excellent way to add a little burst of sunshine to your outfit.
Of the above 7 fashion trends for spring, my favorite one is most definitely the bathing suit…
What are you looking forward to incorporating into your spring season wardrobe? Is there something you just can’t live without and think I should know about? Let me know in the comments below. I’d love to hear what you have to say!