I’m not going to be doing any live blogging during the Golden Globe Awards since so many other people are, plus I already know the winners (see below). But I am going to jot down some random thoughts while watching the Golden Globe Red Carpet Special.
7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
1. Why did they start off with the Jonas Brothers – couldn’t they find someone classier?
2. Why is Tiki Barber hosting the Red Carpet?
3. Why did they talk to Aaron Eckhart twice?
4. What the hell is up with all of Sting’s hair?
5. Robert Downey Jr. is the coolest dude ever.
6. Ooops, Nancy O’Dell…Sting isn’t nominated, he’s presenting.
7. Seriously, Nancy O’Dell needs to have a script to follow.
8. Lighter colored dresses seem to be in this year.
9. Is Salma Hayek’s accent ever going to go away?
10. Brooke Burke’s hair good, Nancy O’Dell’s hair bad.
Best Actress, Comedy or Musical
Sally Hawkins, Happy-Go-Lucky
Best Actor, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
Paul Giamatti, John Adams
Best Actress, Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
Laura Linney, John Adams
Best Actor, Television Series, Drama
Gabriel Byrne, In Treatment
Best Actress, Television Series, Drama
Anna Paquin, True Blood
Best Actor, Television Series, Musical or Comedy
Alec Baldwin, 30 Rock
Best Actress, Television Series, Musical or Comedy
Tina Fey, 30 Rock
Best Foreign-Language Film
Waltz With Bashir, Israel
Best Miniseries or Motion Picture Made for Television
Best Motion Picture, Animated
Best Original Score, Motion Picture
A.R. Rahman, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Original Song
“The Wrestler,” The Wrestler; music and lyrics by Bruce Springsteen
Simon Beaufoy, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Supporting Actor, Motion Picture
Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Best Supporting Actress, Motion Picture
Kate Winslet, The Reader
Best Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or TV Movie
Tom Wilkinson, John Adams
Best Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or TV Movie
Laura Dern, Recount
Best Television Series, Comedy or Musical