I love tights. Love them, love them, love them!! So imagine my glee when I came across a whole article dedicated to the proper way to rock tights on the fashion blog Bringing Back The Sweater Vest.
And now I’m passing on the advice to you…..
– If the tights have a pattern on them, keep the rest of your outfit simple so the attention is on the tights.
– On the other hand, if you want the focus to be on your outfit, keep the tights simple.
– It is ok to match your tights with your shoes.
– It is not ok, however, to wear tights with open toe shoes or sandals (just as it is not ok to wear socks and sandals).
– If you want to stand out a bit, using bright colored tights to complement the other colors of your outfit is fine.
– While it’s fun to add color to your outfit with a cool pair of tights, if you work in a professional or conservative environment you’d probably be wise to wear dark colored tights only; like black, brown, or gray.
And last, but by no means least…..
– Don’t wear tights with an outfit that is obviously meant to be worn during the summer season.
Check out the sample outfits in the picture below for visuals on a variety of stylish outfits with tights.
A few more helpful hints:
– Maximize your budget by sticking to black tights. Just like a little black dress they’re versatile and slimming. If your budget allows, it’s a good idea to have more than one pair on hand in case a pair is snagged or ruined somehow.
– Because tights have a tendency to be sold seasonally, you might want to stock up on tights in the winter when they’re readily available in the stores.
– Always have clear nail polish on hand to quickly fix a run or snag.
Do you love tights as much as I do? What’s your favorite way to wear them? Let me know by leaving a comment below!!